
Wow, we have had a busy few days. I was on call so we had to stay in Alabama (much to the dismay of my family). We started our celebrations at Stephen's grandparents (Richards) on Christmas Eve with dinner and presents. Then Christmas morning, Stephen and I had some time to open our gifts to each other and enjoy some sausage balls and coffee. Then we ran to the in-laws for more presents and fun. Then we all piled in the cars and headed to West Point where we had Christmas lunch with the Mays. It was a great day, relaxing. We ate way too much and are sure to enjoy the leftovers for a couple more days. We will be heading to Baton Rouge next week to spend New Years with my family and also my cousin will be getting married so it will be another busy weekend. Cant wait to see everyone and enjoy Christmas with yall! I also have to add that it was so nice to not have to go to the hospital to work any this holiday. I used to cry everytime I had to drive to Fayette to work on any holidy whether it was Christmas eve or Presidents Day. I hated that part and would always question my job choice. I chose nursing so that I would have flexiblity and a family life and I just could not see that happening with that job. It seemed like I was always working or sleeping or so tired I could not enjoy the holiday. This year even though I was on call we were able to do everything we would normally do here with Stephen's family and I was awake for all of it haha! I just really really really love this home health job. I enjoy my co-workers. I LOVE my schedule and that I really can put my family before my job as a nurse. Dont get me wrong, I love being a nurse but there is much more to life than your career! Ok, ill get off my soap box. We are headed to Columbus to hit the after Christmas sales!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment