CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Cake Mix Cookies

So we are going to hang out with friends tonight and I'm responsible for something sweet. I decided to be creative and try to make something with ingredients I already have. So I dug through the pantry and found some chocolate fudge cake mix. I found a easy recipe for some cake mix cookies and decided to give them a try. Here goes:

Gather needed ingredients: Cake mix, eggs, shortening, water, pecans.


Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine

.
Spoon onto ungreased cookie sheet. Leave plenty of room because they do spread out.


Let cool and then sprinkle with powdered sugar

.Arrange on your favorite tray. I pulled out the Mardi Gras plate since its getting close.


Cake Mix Cookies:
1 pkg. cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 c. shortening
4 tbsp. water
1/2 c. chopped pecans (optional)

Blend all ingredients in large bowl. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Frost when cool. ( I didn't have any frosting so I sprinkled them with powdered sugar.)

Recipe from http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,186,158188-234199,00.html

2 comments:

Tara

Umm..yeah these look super yummy!! Can't wait to try them! If I had made a dessert with what was in my pantry I'm pretty sure no one would have wanted to eat it!! Haha! You rock! See ya in a bit!

The Richards

haha! whatever! I bet it would have Paula's house seasoning in it if it came from your pantry! haha! You always have Paula!