CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 28, 2010

So over this...


So, I have been MIA in the blog seen lately. I woke up last Friday with a cold. No biggy! This was the second time this month I have had the crud. I just stayed on the couch all weekend and got nothing done that I had planned to do. Then Monday, I started feeling worse but decided to ignore it and head to work. By Wednesday morning, I was miserable and soooo tired of the coughing and blowing my nose!! So I broke down and went to the doctor and he looked at me and asked why nurses are so stubborn. I just shrugged my shoulders. We really are bad patients. We dont listen to our own advice. Anyway, the doc said I have bronchitis and gave me a big ol' shot (thanks for that by the way--I hate getting shots) and some antibiotics and cough med. I went straight back to work and sat through a meeting but could not tell you what happened in that meeting at all. I was zoned out. I came home and took a nap and ate supper and went back to bed. Today, I was determined to go to work all day and just ignore the whole bronchitis thing. Well, by 10:30 I was so done! I could hardly get in and out of my car. I called my supervisor and told her I was headed home. I came home and slept all afternoon and got a little energy back. I made us a quick supper tonight and my sweet husband is cleaning up. I tend to be forgetful and distracted when Im this sick so Stephen did not leave the kitchen while I was cooking. He was scared I would burn the house down. Ha Ha! It was successful. Not too hard to make some rice and re-heat some gumbo. I even made garlic bread without burning it. Woohoo! Now Im back down and chilling until bedtime. I plan on going to work tomorrow. I just have a few patients to see so I think Ill only work half a day. Hope these meds start working soon because I am so over this! Maybe we will do something blog worthy this weekend and I can add some post.

0 comments: