CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Our New Hobby

So we have been talking about buying bikes for several months now. My wonderful/fabulous parents (Hey mom and dad!!!) have been into cycling for awhile now. Love to meet them for a weekend but hate to see them hop on their bikes and take off and leave us behind. We both have been trying to be more active and our knees will only allow so much. Yes, I know we are only 26 but we each have knees that are older than that. So we had been talking to the rents about bikes and what we would like to get when we had the extra funds to put into this. I had explained to Stephen that if I did this, we were going to do it right. I did not want to get a cheap bike that would not be comfortable to ride and end up sitting there and us never using it. Our friends/partners in crime, the Blakes also decided to get bikes. So after a little research and help from our all knowing resource, Dad, we headed out today after church to do some shopping. We took the truck, you know, just in case. We found exactly what we have been wanting and they were both on SALE! Cha-ching! Load them up! So after looking at everything in the store and riding around the bike section this is what we decided on. We then tried on all the helmets. Of course Tara and I were trying to match them to the bikes and to the potential outfits we would be wearing while riding. We then headed over to the rest of the accessories and got a few more essentials like the wonderful padded bike shorts. Yes! We did get some. But don't worry, I will be wearing regular shorts over them. Sorry, I just cant wear them by themselves. After dropping a chunk of change we all loaded up and came home. We were hoping to head to the river tomorrow after work to ride some but I think it may be too cold. What happened to our nice warm/sunny weather? Hope it comes back soon because our bikes are sitting here begging to be ridden. You will have to check back later this week. Ill try to get a few pictures if we get to ride at the river at sunset. We have talked about packing a picnic and going there for supper if the weather ever decides to cooperate.


0 comments: