
This is so NOT how I feel! For several weeks now I have been trying to advocate for one of my patients. He has no one else to stand up for him and is too weak to advocate for himself at this point. I have made call after call and sent faxes, notes, messages, etc. And nothing! Today was no different. I knew he needed more aggressive care and tried to communitcate that again. Yet again, I was told to leave a message and someone would get back to me later. Well, several hours later I call again and again and finally get an answer. They act surprised by his condition. Where have you been!!!!????? I was so angry. I have been stressing about this situation for weeks now and worrying all weekend when I know he is without help. I need to catch a second wind. Hopefully today did some good and the doctor will see there is a problem and try to do something about it. I just want my patient to get the care he deserves. I don't know why Im posting this but just need some outlet for my frustration and taking out on the MD's receptionist does not seem productive. Pray for patience as I continue to deal with this situation. Pray for maturity as I try to advocate for him and listen to my nurse's intuition. Ready for work to calm down so I can come home not be completely drained. I feel like I can't be the wife I need to be when I come home a zombie. Even though I had hit the treadmill this morning, I decided to workout again after work before Stephen got home from school to get out some frustration. Didn't want Stephen to be my next target. Trying to be more aware of that and not unload on him when I walk in the door. Notice I said trying. No where near perfect in this. Okay, time to do another load of laundry and head to bed and get up and start all over again.
0 comments:
Post a Comment